- AMIA Paper, Investigating the Interoperable Health App Ecosystem at the Start of the 21st Century Cures Act, accepted for AMIA 2022.
- Traveled to Rochester, MN for ICHI and Delavan, WI for HCIC. Both were inspiring events where I had the opportunity to reconnect with and meet new researchers at the fore-front of health informatics and human-computer interaction!
- Honored to receive a UMBC Hrabowski Innovation Fund Seed Award ($3,450) with PI Andrea Kleinsmith for the project, “Broadening Participation of Women Undergraduate Transfer Students in COEIT: Designing an Interactive Technology for Affective Skill Development.” Excited to start the work in July 2022!
- CHI 2022 Workshop abstract, Cultivating a Personalized Digital Health Ecosystem to Support Complex Health Needs, accepted! Headed to New Orleans, LA to participate on April 30th.
- ICHI 2022 paper, Patient Portal Uptake, Use, and Satisfaction among U.S. Adults in Late-stage COVID-19 Pandemic, accepted! My first PhD student's first first-authored paper!
- CSCW 2022 paper, Unpacking the Use of Laboratory Test Results in an Online Health Community throughout the Medical Care Trajectory, conditionally accepted!
- Poster, Are Smartphone-based Interconnected Personal Health Records Achieving Their Promise?, presented at AMIA in San Diego, CA.
- Virtually presented poster at AAP, The Impact of COVID-19 and the Rapid Adoption of Telehealth on Provider Burnout in a Pediatric Healthcare Organization, collaborative work with a wonderful group at CHOC.
- Starting Assistant Professor Position in the Department of Information Systems at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County later this month.
- Successfully defended my dissertation, Designing Health Interface Technologies to Support Patient Work!
- AMIA 2021 poster abstract, Are Smartphone-based Interconnected Personal Health Records Achieving Their Promise?, accepted.
- JAMIA paper, Why Do People Oppose Mask Wearing? A Comprehensive Analysis of US Tweets During the COVID-19 Pandemic, with first authors Lu He and Changyang He accepted!
- CHI 2021 paper, Comparing Perspectives around Human and Technology Support for Contact Tracing, with first author Xi Lu accepted!
- Participated in the ICHI 2020 Doctoral Consortium
- Received a Student Paper Award from the AMIA Consumer and Pervasive Health Informatics (CPHI) Working Group for my paper What Do Patients and Caregivers Want? A Systematic Review of User Suggestions to Improve Patient Portals.
- Presented my paper What Do Patients and Caregivers Want? A Systematic Review of User Suggestions to Improve Patient Portals at the virtual AMIA Annual Symposium 2020.
- Presented a works-in-progress/provocation entitled Who’s Left Behind by Smartphone-based Personal Health Records? at the 2020 Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare (WISH) at the AMIA Annual Symposium.
- Attended my first Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) Conference!